Pages

Sunday, April 1, 2012

PB Christina Mattson

Warning: This might not be my 3rd Great Grandmother Christina Elizabeth Anderson Mattson Bohman. The Christina I am related to was born 11 September 1830 in Solby, Sweden and is the daughter of Mattias and Elizabeth Anderson. One thing to remember is that in Scandinavian countries the children's last names are based on their Father's first name. So Christina's last name would really be Matsdotter or some variation thereof before she was married. In Sweden and Norway they did -son and in Denmark they did -sen. [Yes the handwriting is very light and I can barely read it] However, the name on this blessing is Christinna E. Greenburg (or Greenbury) daughter of Mathas and Elizabeth Anderson born 1831 Sweden. It did take place in Salt Lake 1862, so I am thinking she was a polygamous wife before she married Alfred Bohman? Christina and Alfred didn't marry until 1864 in SLC. I don't even know where to start to find out if she is my ancestor Christina. Check LDS Church marriage records? If she was a polygamous wife there wouldn't be a civil record. Dave and I were at the London Temple on Friday and I asked the records office about this and they said I would have to go to the LDS Records Office in SLC to find this out. So either I have to wait until next year when I graduate to get this info or one of my relatives in Utah could do it for me! Wink, wink! ;)

No comments: