Pages

Sunday, April 1, 2012

PB Heaps

I received my Heaps Great Grandparents PB's a while ago, but didn't have time to upload them until today since it is General Conference weekend. I got 2 PB's for Grandma Heaps, but I can't find the other one, so I am only posting one. However, both of them were almost exactly the same in wording, even though they were from two different Patriarchs and her Mother was the scribe for both. One was done while she was a teenager and the other after she was married (pictured). Grandma Clara Minerva Riddle Heaps was born in England in 8 September 1889 while her Father was a missionary for the LDS Church and her Mother accompanied him. Her parents were the first generation born in Utah, but her Riddle and Berry Grandparents were born in England and the Eastern US. Grandma Heaps died in 1984, so I do remember her. She was a little old lady who would forget my name.

L-R Grandma Riding, me, Grandma Heaps, my Dad, my brother,
circa early 80's
page 1
The unique thing in this blessing compared to my other ancestors is that it says she will be a missionary. "...your calling to preach the gospel to your relatives and friends and all that will listen to your words whether at home or abroad and your time will be required of you for some years to labor among the children of Zion preaching the gospel to them and setting a good example before them..." The interesting thing is that she never served a full-time mission like I did to South Africa.

page 2


Joseph Henry Heaps was born 27 May 1886 in Escalante, Utah and he died in 1968. Clara was his second wife. His first wife, Alice Gates, died in 1908 giving birth to their third child (the baby died a couple months later) and Grandpa Heaps married Grandma in 1910. Grandpa received his PB in 1900, four years before his first marriage. I don't know much about him, but I do remember from going to family reunions in the 1980's a feeling that he still had an influence over family relationships and decisions even though he had been gone for a while.

page 1

page 2

page 3

No comments: