Pages

Sunday, April 1, 2012

PB Thomas Spackman

This is a copy of Thomas Spackman's PB. He is the husband of Sarah Ann Criddle Spackman. The story my Mother told me is that Thomas' Father (also called Thomas) left his wife and daughter in a mental institution in London, England and took his sons to New York. The family story says that Thomas left for the Gold Rush in California and stopped in Salt Lake for supplies and never continued his journey because he met and married Sarah Ann. I am starting to doubt the story since Sarah Ann didn't make it to Utah until after 1862 and the California Gold Rush was in 1849 when Thomas was 10 years old.
Anyway, the PB took place in 1909 two years before he died and in Stirling. I was surprised at this because I did not think Thomas went to Alberta. Some of his children (including William Henry my 2nd Great Grandfather) took their families and went to farm in Southern Alberta with Charles Ora Card, but I did not think Thomas ever went even though he is not listed in the 1900 US Census.

page 1

page 2

No comments: